Having a landing page is very important in your website. It captures the necessary information – the email address in particular – of your target audience. A collection of this list, no matter how large or small, allows you to have a niche group who are really interested in what you have to offer. This is a list of people you can send emails to about your offers, sales, new products, and much more.
Now, as a very busy person running a business, you probably won’t have a lot of time to send each of those who subscribed to your mailing list a personal mail thanking them for subscribing and then sending them messages about your offerings. That would rather be impossible, which is why you have to take advantage of an autoresponder.
What exactly is an autoresponder?
An autoresponder is a tool you use that collects names and email addresses from those who signed up on your landing page, then automatically send them emails welcoming them or, better yet, offering something in return for subscribing.
For example, you’re a publishing company. What you can do is prepare an email template that will be sent out to every new member welcoming them. You will also state in the email that as a thanks for subscribing, you’re sending them a link where they can download a free e-book.
Basically, you can think of an autoresponder as a quick way to get your message across to your target audience.
Why does your site need an autoresponder?
- It simplifies the mailing process. As mentioned earlier, you don’t have the luxury to go sort through all of the addresses in your list when running a business. This is where the beauty of the autoresponder comes along because it can send out mass emails without requiring much effort from you. The information it needs is provided in the details extracted from your landing page.
- It allows you to personalize email messages. Everyone loves a bit of personalization. Rather than Dear Customer, you can use a potential client’s real name based on what they provided in your landing page.
- It helps drive traffic to your site. Always remember to leave a link to your site in your email messages. Whether you’re just sending them updates or information about a sale, a link to your website is important in case they want to check more of what you have to offer.
How does it work?
An autoresponder collects a list of email addresses and names that were provided in the landing page. For your part, you have to specify a set of emails to send for a particular date or event. For example, whenever someone signs up, you can have the autoresponder send them an email thanking them for subscribing then go on to provide whatever necessary they need to know about your company and the products you have to offer.
Other than that, you can also have the autoresponder send out a specific email on a certain date. For example, you have a sale coming up on a particular date in your physical store. You can let your audience know about it beforehand through email. And you can even include a bonus treat by including a coupon or something they can show at the store to get discounts on select items.
What are the ways to use an autoresponder?
- Send a link to a freebie – Useful for new subscribers.
- Send a reminder about an expiring yearly membership – Helps keep your audience on track.
- Promote a new product or service – Helps build anticipation for your new offering.
- Greet a subscriber a “Happy Birthday” – Makes your audience feel appreciated.
- Seek feedback – Helps you improve your products and services for the better.
Time is of the essence when it comes to business, and e-mail still remains one of the best ways to get in touch with existing and potential customers. This is why you should have an autoresponder because all you have to do is provide the template, and it will take care of the delivery.